It’s much smaller list this year, probably because of all the madness: Covid, homeschooling, a book manuscript, grant applications, illness. For all these reasons I did a lot less of my usual idle and aimless reading. The stand-out article is Married (Happily) With Issues (even though it was published yonks ago), and I loved the poem Good Bones by Maggie Smith.
- The glut of prizes is undermining the true value of research and teaching
- Hindsight’s hoard: What academics most wish they had known earlier
- On Quitting Academia
- Jan Blommaert: Looking back: What was important?
- Keep doing what you love – Essay – Twentieth-century history & later – TLS
- COVID 19: The Apocalypse and African Dimensions of Victory, by… | CenSAMM
- ABC Religion & Ethics: The relevance of Aboriginal political concepts: Autonomous selfhood
- Gender Is What You Make of It – Issue 88: Love & Sex – Nautilus
- Racialization, language science, and nineteenth century anthropometrics