This page is a work in progress. If you know of any good resources on these themes, please send them my way.
How to publish articles
I highly recommend this great series from N-1. Read these in order:
- Publishing strategies (generally)
- How to Write a Journal Article (in 6 steps): Step 1 — Analyze a Model
- How to Write a Journal Article (in 6 Steps): Step 2 — The Conclusion
- How to Write a Journal Article (in 6 Steps): Step 3 — The Literature Review
- How to Write a Journal Article (in 6 Steps): Step 4 — The Evidence
- How to Write a Journal Article (in 6 Steps): Step 5 — The Introduction & Argument
- How to Write a Journal Article (in 6 Steps): Step 6 — Fine Tuning
Then there is this: http://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005619
A bare-bones outline of common approaches to writing:
… with a follow-up piece here.
An all-round excellent blog for academic writing:
This site is a kind of self-referential academic performance art, but probably very useful too:
- Why do academics choose useless titles for articles and chapters? Four steps to getting a better title.
Another one on search engine optimisation:
How to publish a book from your thesis
- How to Publish an Academic Book – Why Choosing a Publisher is Important and How to Choose One
- Greg Downey: https://twitter.com/GregDowney1/status/1308181320078520320
How to peer-review an article
Applying for grants
- Art of Grantsmanship
Writing an abstract